Catholic Book Stores in St. Louis
Catholic Gifts & Books
13397 Olive Blvd.
Chesterfield, MO 63017
6759 Chippewa St
St Louis, MO 63109
14069 Manchester Rd.
Ballwin, MO 63011
Pauline Books & Media
9804 Watson Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63126
Catholic Book Publishers
- Catholic Replies (James J. Drummey) - Clear and concise answers to over 800 of the most often asked religious and moral questions
- Surprised by Truth 1, 2 and 3 (Patrick Madrid) - Personal conversion accounts packed with biblical, theological, and historical proofs for Catholicism
- Our Lady and the Church (Fr. Hugo Rahner, S.J.) - Explains why we venerate Mary (quotes from the Church Fathers, medieval & modern theologians)
- The Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius (St. Ignatius of Loyola) - This guide for spiritual perfection is divided into four weeks of reflections and four key meditations to assist the reader become more Christ like.
- Interior Castle (St. Teresa of Avila) - St. Teresa visualized the soul as a many-faceted diamond, with the ecstasy of divine communion at its center. Her insights into prayer and meditation as the keys to fulfillment have inspired generations of readers.
- Dark Night of the Soul (St. John of the Cross) - A 16th-century mystic, St. John of the Cross was also a Carmelite monk who helped reform the Order. In this book, he addresses pride, avarice, envy, and other human imperfections. He also provides an extended explanation of Divine love, and describes methods of conversion through prayer, submission, and purification.
- The Story of a Soul (St Theresa of Lisieux) - Conveys St Therese’s little way of spiritual childhood-- her elevator to Heaven, as she called it. This method was approved by Pope Pius XI as a way of holiness for all, so we can grow in holiness through unfailing confidence and childlike delight in God's merciful love.
- An Introduction to the Devout Life (St Francis de Sales) - Provides a balanced and practical approach to the spiritual life. Helps the lay person, who is surrounded by worldliness, to grow in holiness, step by simple step.